Three years dossing at university? It's the only way to train for life | David Mitchell | Comment is free | The Observer

Three years dossing at university? It's the only way to train for life | David Mitchell | Comment is free | The Observer:
"School sometimes feels like a big waste of time. I remember resenting the hours that I had to sit in rooms listening to teachers talk when I could have been getting on with all the homework they'd set. 'The facts they tell you are all in the books they make you go home and take notes from anyway,' I thought. 'If I was allowed to get on with that during the day, I could take the evenings off. No wonder I don't have time to get a part-time job, train for swimming badges or join one of those knot-fixated paramilitary groups like Mum and Dad keep suggesting.'"